Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter


It's 11:10, Alexa is playing black-eye-peas, C is dancing all over our messy living room. I should be preparing lunch, finishing the basket  project, or preparing my order, but there is something more important thing to do to note to remember before I forgot everything, before the special moment swallowed by the time. 

We had an amazing day yesterday, strolling downtown Paris, witnessing the aftermath of the yellow jackets with the tags that decorate almost all of the walls all over downtown is not pleasing but other stuff is. To be able to spend time with my husband and daughter, witnessing the same thing while walking, and make little comments on the people with trendy outfits or urban rides.  Stopping whenever we found a little square with slides and swings. I am thanking God for this goodness. 

This morning everybody wakes up late. C woke up with squinty eyes finding me in the living room trying to finish my basket. I just realise that this morning is Easter Sunday. Like automatically every morning we greet each other, so I greet her with no meaning behind. 

"Happy Easter Charlotte!" 
"Happy Easter Mamma!" 

We hugs, then I go back to my basket. She said, "I want to go to hug daddy and give him my easter egg", "Not now honey he is still sleeping" he coughed during the night and it is only fair to let him sleep in a little in this Sunday morning. 

She came back to the living room and approached me, "Mamma what is Easter?" 

I stopped, looked at her. I had not been going to church for almost 10 years now, and feel more enriched than ever.  so I started.

Easter is to celebrate the rising of Jesus from the dead. 

"How did he died?"

There are a lot of mean people who want to kill him, so they forced him to go to the cross and he died there.  But then since he is God, on the third day of him in the tomb he raise from the dead. 

"Why?"

He died on the cross for our mistakes. It is a symbol for us to remember to forgive ourself.  

Then she stared at me with a super blank face, she didn't understand. 

I continued. "Cherie, for example, you spill water on the floor everywhere, you broke my jewelry, and you put a stain on the wall. what happen then?"

"You"ll get angry" 

"yes I will get upset, and get mad at you. Maybe I will scream and go to my room and ask you not to talk to me. But you know that after that I will forgive you. But then what happen with you after?"

"I will be sad, because I didn't do the right thing." 

"You will go to your room and be sad, because you didn't behave well, because you made me angry. Right?"

"Yes" --At this point I saw guilt on her face

"But when you go to your room, you start hating yourself because of what you did. This is where the forgiveness come. That very soft voice, that I call God, will tell you, hey little Charlotte it's alright now. It happened, don't worry about it. I forgive you, your mommy forgive you, thus you need to forgive yourself too. Now, go play. Dress up your barbie, finish up your puzzle, built your lego.. Listen to your music and dance."

I see her eyes lit up. This morning I think I know for sure that she gets what I mean.  





5 comments: