Friday, September 11, 2020

September 2020



Hi! 

The 2020 started of alright as I am learning about how people behave in Instagram, and I had successfully raised my follower 3 times more I had shared the trick on my last post in March 2020.  The activities were steady up until March where the French government obliged everybody to stay at home and close the main businesses. 

There were a lot of anxiety leading up to the confinement, to save everybody at home I tried to stay quiet and keep it inside. If you know me personally, you will know that I love to talk, in fact, too chatty. However, for some reason I rarely discuss about this. D would tell me about the news and I listen. I didn't want to give too much space to the pandemic. I preferred to stay silent and transfer this wave to the place where the only thing that exist is just me and my thought, through meditation and take long solitude time. In fact, now that I realise it, this is how I cope with almost all negative feeling. I used to write about it but now it is enough to just let it pass. 

Regardless of the turmoil inside, there were a lot of laughter too, there were no one day that the sun doesn't shine. I'd like to think that it is the promise from the universe that everything will be ok in the end.  It was in the springtime. The perfect time to stay at home. My husband got to realise that how peaceful it is to work from home. Me and him woke up early to have yoga up until 9 AM, then breakfast, after that around 9:30 AM he would go to his office, on the other room. There is no need to dress up to work and no commuting time. Meanwhile, my daughter would sit on the dining table and start copying text or read easy words like cat, dog, bag, etc. She is 6 years old after all. Sometimes we would go over some easy math problem. We downloaded the app Khan Academy Kids and let her hover through the lesson and choose whatever activities she wants. The activity stop at noon where we met in the kitchen for lunch, sure I I had to readjust my life, because usually the only lunch I fix is for myself, and most of the time it is just reheating the leftover. All of the sudden, fixing breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, and dinner for 3 everyday, weekend included. 

D did the grocery, and one day he came home with 10kg of flour! I learned how to bake cake, bread, brioche, pie. My plants are all of the sudden are being taken cared of like a VIP being. No yellow leaves, watering schedule is on time, and for sure fertilised on time. 

My schedule shifted, I don't get to work since working around the house is a constant job. We keep the space clean and cluster free. I get to finish Cheryl Strayed's autobiography and listen to a lot of podcast. This is where I discover Esther Perel, Ear hustle, Criminal, London Real, etc. 

In June, C started school. For 10 days before the summer vacation start at the beginning of July. I worry less for some reason, you know if it is there then we learn to live with it. We eat healthier, we learn that life is about today, not tomorrow. I kiss my loves good night, two seconds longer than normal. Because we don't know what life will do to us. 

In July we decided to anyway go on vacation to visit D's uncle who is almost 80 years old. It was a good decision for us. We get to relax there in his house in the countryside of France, to eat the fig straight from the tree (look at the image! :)) But also spend good quality time with him. He is a retired architect, and more than that. He discovered himself and learn more about things when he is already retired. Looking at the world through his eyes, gave me a lot of wisdom.

What is next? I don't know. I can pick up pieces of what I left off and start from there. To be continued? 

2 comments:

  1. It certainly is a bit of an odd time to live in!
    But you seemed to have adjusted to it just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are new conditions for all of us. I like the new experience

    ReplyDelete