Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Best Friends


All these sentiments had begun last Friday, towards the end of the afternoon, an order came along with a private note asking how long does it take to ship from France to US.  I told her that unfortunately it'll take between one to two weeks.  A week for distribution, I wrote her, and another for an inspection at the duane in the United States, it's their regulation.  

Then a minute after she emailed back, told me that it was her bestfriend's birthday today, and asked me if I can do anything to make it faster. Classic solution, I offered her to ship the product straight to the bestfriend's address.  I asked her, casually, if she would want me to write a special birthday note.  She replied, you know the answer. Yes.

It could have been an everyday package I sent, but I take full credit to be the angel of their valuable friendship. That weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about every special detail things that my bestfriends did for and with me.

I wish I have as much courage as Dee to express what she feels towards her bestfriends.  I can only borrow words that could have been written to you, you know who you are, "You are beautiful inside and out.. I cherish our friendship and time we spent together..."

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." 
- C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment