Thursday, May 02, 2019

Colourful Stud Earrings



Sharing you what had occupied me these days. I was inspired by the basketry and the woven work that is normally done with the bamboo or rattan.  I tried to introduce the concept into jewelry making.

I know that I don't want big items, nor heavy, but I want to introduce a lot of colors into the piece.  So I take the old concept I had which is creating small and light jewelry.  I first form the stud base with thicker wire, 18 gauge maximum, hammer to harden them and then the fun part begin: scouring from the old collection of crystals, pearls, normally I already have a main beads that I have in mind then I work forward after that. Like for example the pair above, I chose this pistachio opaque green, looks like a Granny Smith right :), that I had bought awhile ago from a vintage brocanteur from Etsy, as the highlight of the earrings, then I ask myself if I want a monochrome or a contrast to go with this.   









Definitely still in the beginner phase, I don't know how far I will take the work through this into jewellery, but one thing for sure I have so much fun making them. They are available in my Etsy shop Which one is your favourite? 


7 comments:

  1. All is cute, maybe the last one with square shape. Nice work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I like how these colors are chosen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Neat, simple and elegant! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I really love these! the colors, the weaving! would totally wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing such an great artile. I love stud earrings for women which goes with any of my dress.

    ReplyDelete