Thursday, December 05, 2013

Mustard, Citrus or Mango



This post is dedicated to Caroline. She bought this pair of earrings a month ago and accidentally broke the vintage millefiori over a shower, although it's not directly touching the water I suspect that the humidity really ruined this poor, literally, old glass beads. Results: she is left with a half wiped flower decoration on the coins. aw :(. 
Very patient she emailed me and told me everything about it, like a sweet seller I told her to relax (of course right) and try to figure out something for her.. 

So, Caroline, I might have misread your email last week and apologize for taking three days to get back to you. It's nothing personal but my gyneco told me to lay down 4 hours a week so the baby in my stomach can rest and grow big.

Dear blog readers: OMG, I worry that I might not yet annouce you about this good news, oh well, there you know it :) I am not good a making a toast and an official announcement anyway. Will perhaps post the silly teletubies stomach later if you behave. My husband said that I look like one of these, mean right. I don't mind  though. They're cute *positive smile*

Back to my kind client, voilĂ  three options for you. They are different size and shape however on somewhat the same tone of colors. I ignored the fact that you might be more interested in having it replaced in the same shape rather than color. You see, it's the pregnant brain functioning. 

Anyhow, I might risk not having you liking all three but I'd like to show you anyway. 

The first option is a pair of mustard picasso crystals, made in Czech republic. It's flat, rectangular, with a pretty detail around the frame, and the hole pierced through the vertical line/ lengthwise. Each measures 8mm x12mm.  



The second pair is a AAA grade Carnelian faceted onion briolette in bright orange. It measures around 7x8mm. Different from the regular teardrop gemstone an onion briolette is rather round and short and it can sits down on its own. 


This is the comparison between the two from different angle. 


Alright now, the last option, I keep it the last because actually this might be my favorite one. But you might have different opinion it's for you to decide. 


A pair of bright mango yellow chalcedony of AAA quality gemstone, sizing around 10mm in diameter. I've wirewrapped this in sterling silver, I need you to imagine it a bit in a rose gold filled, I think it's not bad at all. What do you think? 

All of these are smaller than your glass beads that has 12mm diameter and none of them have a gorgeous flower detail on it. I completely understand if you don't like all three, I'll be more than happy to look more in my stock of what I can do for you if you don't mind waiting. 

Cheers.

Oh PS, I forgot talking about the price. The picasso beads can go with the price I talked to you on the email, however for the gemstone they're more expensive. 

Please let me know what you think :) Have a good day. 

For my blog readers, which one do you think Caroline should choose to replace her vintage millefiori? 

1 comment: