Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Caramelized Apple

Evolution of this post, I tried to modify the filling of my crêpe.  Instead of the Frozen Banana, I tried to make a caramelized apple.


2 apples --deskinned and sliced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Heat up a pan, melt the butter, bring the fire to medium, add the apples, let it cook for couple of minutes.  Dash in the sugar, keep them moving, and add in the cinnamon.  Make sure that the apple are tenderly cooked.  You can add the sugar and the cinnamon depend on how you like it. 
I used the red apple. You can try it with the green apple, it might bring up the flavor more but perhaps it would take longer to cook since it has different texture.  This is the filling for my crêpe this morning, but I think this can also be a filling to a pie.  Or if you love apple, and don't mind to gain weight, you can eat this alone for your breakfast.. no I am kidding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment